Hinged on the top, the casement window offers the flexibility to capture
as much, or as little, of any cross breezes and really opens your home to
the outdoors when opened fully.
They are opened with a crank, lever, or cam handle, which is placed around
hand height or at the bottom and serves as a window lock.
A crank, stay, or friction hinge is necessary when the window opens
outward, to hold the window in position despite wind.
Advantages of casement windows
• Designed to accommodate burglar bars if required
• Friction stays allow the window to remain open at any position
• Effective seals make the window draft free and watertight
• Projecting sashes permit easy cleaning from the inside
• The window allows for up to 6.5mm safety glass
• Glazing complies with part “N” glazing of the National Building
• Design is functional but elegant
• Design suits many architectural designs
• Allows you to direct the breeze to any part of your home